If you find your name in Duterte Cyber Warrior’s “Wall of Shame,” which may make you a target of cyber threats, such as identity theft and other kinds of attacks, you can do something about it.
Facebook user Khary Woulfe posted some tips on how you can hit back at the group’s threats.
He also referred netizens to a safer version of the list, similar to the one posted by the Superficial Gazette. You can access it here.
As for taking your name, Woulfe suggested these tips:
- Verify your Facebook with your phone number. This is required to change your FB username.
- Change your username everyday (or more frequent than that.) The Messenger change username option is the fastest way to do so. (Otherwise, go to https://facebook.com/username if you’re on computer or on web version of Facebook.)
This way, your old Facebook address included on their lists will point instead to a 404 (Page Not Found) page.
“However, if you haven’t provided your username beforehand and your link has been listed as https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000xxxx, the link would still point to your profile right after changing your username. If this is your case, it is better to deactivate your account for the mean time,” he added.
Woulfe also gave tips on how to take down the website hosting DCW’s list.
Here are the steps:
- Go to https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form and select Violent Threats.
- Fill in Full name with any name that isn’t your true name.
- Fill in your email address.
- Fill in Evidence URL with https://profile.du30cw.org/wos.
- Fill in Logs with:
The link provided points to a website hosted on CloudFlare. The “Wall of Shame” is actually a list of Facebook profiles with links pointing to profiles that they are going to steal infos and photos. They also send death threats and other forms of black mails. I believe such kind of activity is illegal. My family and friends are included in the list. Please don’t allow your services to be instrumental to such kind of illegal activites. Thank you.
- Click Submit.
Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!