Connect with us

Busted

Busted: LP linked to Kian’s slay? Man in viral photo with Robredo isn’t the cop who shot Kian

Published

on

Facebook page “Pork Ng Ina Mo” shared a post by a certain Facebook user claiming that Vice President Leni Robredo took a photo with the cop who shot 17-year-old Kian Lloyd delos Santos.

Aina Castillo wrote, “Yan ang police na bumaril sa anak ninyo kasama ni fake VP Leni… kayo na humusga dito.” This was her caption for a photo showing Robredo with a man wearing a yellow shirt. Robredo was seen wearing a yellow top, the same one that she was often seen wearing during the campaign period.

In sharing Castillo’s post, Pork Ng Ina Mo wrote, “Ito daw yung pulis na bumaril kay Kian delos Santos.”

The same photo posted by Castillo was shared by Paula Defensor Knack, the younger sister of the late Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago.

In her post, she wrote, “Oyyy is this true ? policeman who shot Kian is allied with yellows ?”

Kian Lloyd delos Santos

advertisement

But in the comments section of Pork Ng Ina Mo’s post of Robredo’s photo with the man, a certain Lane Mathew Santos Calderon spoke up, throwing expletives at whoever shared the photo of the man whom he said was his stepdad. He also threatened to sue those who used his stepdad’s photo in such a malicious post.

“T*ng*na hindi pulis yan. Step dad ko yan! T*ng*nang to kakasuhan ko nagkalat neto! Bobo p*ta! P*t*ng*na nyo galit na galit nga yan sa mga pulis na pumatay kay kian e tapos step dad ko pa mapagkakamalan. MGA P*T*NG*NA NINYO MGA BOBO!” Calderon commented.

When accused by another commenter of being a dilawan who is spreading fake news so Duterte supporters like Communications Asec. Mocha Uson and other followers would react, Calderon said that he did not vote during the election and emphasized once more that his stepdad is not a cop, much more the one who killed the teenager.

Kian Lloyd delos Santos

Someone asked Calderon to show another photo to prove that it was indeed his stepdad and Calderon readily posted a screenshot of his stepdad’s, with the Facebook name blurred out, profile photo for June 2016.

Kian Lloyd delos Santos

He also decried the use of his stepdad’s photo, saying that he did not care about political affiliations at all.

Unfortunately, based on the comments on the posts by Pork Ng Ina Mo and Defensor-Knack, many netizens already fell for the fake story that the FB page using the random photo of a man who just had his photo taken with Robredo last year.

And these are some of the comments on Knack’s post.

Some netizens, though, still had apprehensions as to the accuracy of the story behind the photo.

Finally, Calderon’s claims that the man in the photo with Robredo were supported when the names and photos of the three cops involved in Kian’s death were released.

Rappler tweeted the cops’ identities on August 22 and the man in the photo with Robredo who was accused by netizens as the cop who shot Kian was not one of the three cops named in the tweet.

The cops under investigation for Kian’s slay and who are now relieved from position are PO3 Arnel Oares, PO1 Jerwin Cruz, and PO1 Jeremias Pereda. They will be in restrictive custody by the CIDG at Camp Crame, Quezon City.

This meant “Pork Ng Ina Mo” and Paula Defensor Santiago were wrong in sharing the photo of a man who simply had his photo taken with Robredo during the campaign period and whose photo was used by the pages to weave a story in an attempt to link the Yellows to the 17-year-old’s death.

Calderon said that his stepdad already messaged Castillo while he contacted Pork Ng Ina Mo.

Sources: ( rappler.com , changescamming.net )

advertisement

Busted

Busted: Robredo wants to add years to the K-to-12 program? It’s fake news!

Published

on

Vice President Leni Robredo’s office released a statement debunking social media posts claiming that she wants to add a few more years to the K-to-12 program. This came after several posts started circulating about how Robredo allegedly said that she wanted to add a few more years to the K-to-12 program, angering netizens.

A certain tweet on March 1, 2020 showed the vice president’s photo along with these words: “Kulang ang K to 12 education system natin. Kelangan apat na taon sa Junior HS at apat na taon sa Senior HS.”

In January 17, the same image shared to the Facebook page “Raffy Tulfo In Action Supporters” also got shared over 6,000 times and triggered negative comments among the netizens.

Many social media users have lambasted Robredo over the said meme.

The unwarranted bashing and adverse reactions prompted her office to release an official statement debunking this false claim.

“Hindi totoong pinadadagdagan ni VP Leni Robredo ang mga taon sa K-to-12 program,” said the vice president’s office in a statement.

“Suportado ng Bise Presidente kung sakaling magkaroon ng review ng nasabing programa. Binibigyang-diin niya na kailangang siguraduhin na may tamang facilities at equipment ang mga specialized tracks, para mas maging madali ang pagtuturo nito at matiyak ang kahandaang makapagtrabaho ng mga mag-aaral sa kanilang pagtatapos,” it added.

In October 2019, Robredo did say that she was alright with reviewing how the K-to-12 program to determine how it could be further improved.

“Tumutugon rin ang kaniyang Tanggapan, kasama ang #AngatBuhay partners nito, sa pangangailangan ng tamang kagamitan. Nakapagbigay na ng kaukulang tools at equipment sa mga mahihirap na paaralan, gaya sa Mulanay sa Quezon, Panglao sa Bohol, at Sta. Maria sa Romblon,” the statement further said.

This is not the first time Robredo has been a victim of fake news. There were false claims, misleading headlines, and edited images or captions about how former Senator Bongbong Marcos has already won over Robredo, how she met former UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon to oust President Rodrigo Duterte, or how her portrait was sold on eBay, something that a popular blogger apologized for.

Sources: ( inquirer.net , news.mb.com.ph )

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: Walang kasalanan ang Tulfo brothers ayon sa imbestigasyon? It’s a misleading headline!

Published

on

An article has claimed that an investigation has found the Tulfo brothers to be not guilty. It says, “Lumabas Sa Imbestigasyon Na Walang Kasalanan Ang Tulfo Brothers,” as published by the website phworkit.top.

The story was even shared by Facebook pages “Ferdinand Emmanual Edralin Marcos” and “Rody Duterte MEDIA.”

However, the article merely contained a 10-minute YouTube video, which was a mix several video clips of different reports, some parts of which touched on the issues involving the P60 million tourism ads that aired on the PTV program of Teo’s brothers, the Tulfos.

One of the video clips showed that the CNN Philippines reported on why nepotism is considered corruption and abused of authority in the case of now-resigned Tourism Secretary Wanda and how her husband, Roberto Teo, served as the board member of the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA). But Roberto was appointed by former President Benigno Aquino III and has tendered his resignation from TIEZA effective June 30, 2018.

advertisement

Another video clip showing a CNN Philippines report of a Malacañang press briefing, where a reporter asked Presidential Spokesperon Harry Roque if Communications Secretary Martin Andanar would be among those investigated in the controversial placement of P60 million worth of tourism ads on the program of the Tulfos, who are Teo’s brothers, leading people to raise the issue of conflict of interest. As the PCOO chief, he also supervises the state-run PTV-4, where the Tulfos’ programs are a blocktimer.

Asked by yet another reporter what President Rodrigo Duterte’s comment was on the issue with the DOT and the Tulfos, Roque said that he did not know then because he had not talked to the President for a while and the investigation conducted by the Office of the President was ongoing then.

The headline used in the video is misleading. It meant to make people think that the Tulfo brothers have been cleared from the issue involving them with the controversial P60-million tourism ad deal.

However, reports showed that even after Teo resigned from her post on May 7, the Ombudsman will still continue with the probe into the scandal. The body requested from the Commission on Audit (COA) a copy of its DOT report involving the controversial P60-million worth of payments for ads aired on PTV on May 8. The investigation is still ongoing, which meant that they it has not yet cleared the Tulfos.

Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea is also said to be investigating the scandal to determine the officials at fault at the DOT, People’s Television Network Inc. (PTNI), and the PCOO.

Ramon Tulfo, an Inquirer columnist, came out in the defense of his sister Teo and blamed  his younger brother Ben Tulfo for the controversy.

Party-list group Akbayan, however, said it was not enough for Teo to step down from her post. They wanted her to be prosecuted.

“The simple firing or resignation of corrupt officials will not put a stop to corruption in the government if this is not followed by swift prosecution and conviction,” the group said in a statement.

Akbayan also challenged President Duterte to file cases against Ben and Erwin Tulfo over the controversial ad transaction. Ben owns Bitag Media, which produced the PTV show “Kilos Pronto,” the program where the DOT ads were aired. His brother, Erwin, co-hosts the show with him.

Sources: ( newsinfo.inquirer.ne , thestandard.com.ph , cnnphilippines.com , rappler.com , news.abs-cbn.com , businessmirror.com.ph )

advertisement

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: Legarda sinumbatan si Robredo na mag-resign bago pa lumabas ang resulta na panalo si Marcos? Misleading headline!

Published

on

Senator Loren Legarda allegedly confronted Vice President Leni Robredo and asked her to resign before the results would show former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. as the winner.

The video was posted by blog dailydu30.info on May 15, 2018. The vice presidential vote recount is still ongoing, so the headline must have been referring to the result of the recount. It also made it seem as though Legarda is telling Robredo that she is certain that Marcos would emerge as the winner in the recount.

The YouTube video is 20-minute long and Legarda’s face was immediately shown at the beginning of the video. However, if you finish watching it, you’d know immediately that the video was not taken recently. In fact, it showed a portion of the budget hearing for 2017 for the Office of the Vice President. Further research showed that the hearing was conducted in front of the Senate panel on August 22, 2017 and it lasted less than an hour before it was approved. Robredo herself attended the budget hearing to present an overview of the OVP’s plans for 2018.

Legarda served as the Senate panel’s chair.

During the hearing, Robredo reported how the OVP spent its funds, mainly for poverty alleviation.

advertisement

The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that following the presentation on the fund allocation of the OVP, Legarda asked Robredo to send them a yearlong report on the needs of the sectors and areas that the OVP has reached while promising to help out on fulfilling those needs.

So unlike what the headline claimed, Legarda did not tell Robredo to resign from her VP post to make way for Marcos’ imminent victory. The headline is misleading and is merely playing with people’s emotions and gullibility.

However, Facebook page “Sara Duterte Worldwide Supporters” still shared it without verifying the headline’s claims.

There have been several fake stories involving Marcos and Robredo and the VP vote recount that we have busted. We debunked a misleading headline claiming that Marcos has already won, that Marcos won by 1,786 votes over Robredo, that Robredo would perform her tasks as VP until Marcos takes over, and that Marcos will replace Robredo.

Sources: ( philstar.comnewsinfo.inquirer.net )

advertisement

Continue Reading

What Others Read