Did Vice President Leni Robredo throw a fit? At least this is what several blogs claimed and to make sure to reel the readers in, they even added the line “Alamin kung bakit. Must watch.”
The said story was picked up and shared by Duterte and Marcos fan pages on Facebook, such as “SNP – Social News Philippines,” “Tatay Digong – Unofficial,” “Kilusang Bagong Lipunan,” “Byaheng Duterte,” and “Marcos Warriors,” among other pages.
Note how the fan pages used the same caption!
The story was published on blogs pinoytribune.com, dutertetrendnews.blogspot.com, and du30info.com.
But once you open the content of the links shared by the Duterte and Marcos fan pages, you’ll see only a YouTube video that is over 13 minutes long. We watched the entire thing and it was simply a compilation of several news reports about:
- The decrease in the satisfaction ratings for Robredo, Senate President Koko Pimentel, House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez, and other key officials
- Fire in Pinyahan, Quezon City , which displaced 1,000 families
- President Rodrigo Duterte’s announcement of 92 appointees in different government agencies due to irregularities
- Banks’ plans to replace credit and debit cards with magnetic strips with cards that have EMV chips
- Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre’s announcement about nabbing P6 billion worth of high-grade shabu
- Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella relaying an anecdotal story, not policy, about how Duterte did not want to hide the street dwellers for Miss Universe
- 25 people charged with plunder, graft and fund malversation for being involved in the Malampaya fund
- NDRMMC sorting reports about the death toll left by Typhoon Nina
- The government’s promise of legal assistance for the Filipino arrested in Kuwait for being involved with ISIS
Nowhere was it reported in the more than 13-minute video that Robredo threw a tantrum or caused problems, as the title of the video claimed. This is easily another case of using a misleading title to fool people and get them to click on the link, only to be given a completely irrelevant content.
Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!