Palace officials said that President Rodrigo Duterte’s order for Vice President Leni Robredo to desist attending Cabinet meetings all boils down to the “irreconcilable differences” between the two leaders.
“There are several policies, statements that the VP released in the past few days and months, which are contrary to the policies of the President. It has come to the point that the President realized that [he and Robredo] have irreconcilable differences,” Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said.
“Regarding differences, these are to be expected… Differences like these are part of the democractic process,” Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella told CNN Philippines.
And Facebook user Bernard Ong offers the specifics as to what he thought were the “irreconcilable differences” between Duterte and Robredo.
1. Help the poor. Not kill the poor
2. Speak the truth. Not tell lies to fool people
3. Marcos No Hero. Not Marcos best president ever
4. Improve lives. Not state-sponsored deaths
5. Sustainable development. Not bloody shortcuts
6. Educate kids. Not jail 9-year old kids.
7. Uphold the good. Not the immoral
8. Respect women. Not sexually harass women
9. Inspire & instill hope. Not bully & instill fear
10. Take the high ground. Not take money from Imee
11. Fight crime. Not protect drug lords & death squads
12. Fight corruption. Not coddle the country’s most corrupt family – the Marcoses
“The differences could not be any clearer,” Ong said.