If you haven’t noticed, there has been quite a lot of fake news and cases of misinformation lately. Facebook user Bernard Ong certainly noticed and he condemned the proliferation of false information in the middle of the conflict in Marawi City. He even called those who spread the fake news and those who fall for it as the “Mauto Group,” a spin on the Maute group of terrorists.
In his Facebook post, “While Marawi Burns,” Ong said, “MAUTO Group has been busy trying to outdo the MAUTE Group in damaging the country with lies.”
He also enumerated the nine lies that were spread by President Rodrigo Duterte, PNP chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa, Communications Asec. Mocha Uson, and more.
“1. PNA photo: Filipino soldiers checking house in Marawi (Fake – Vietnamese)
- Mocha photo: Filipino soldiers praying on their knees (Fake – Honduran police)
- Duterte: Malabang police chief beheaded by Maute (Fake – he showed up alive to dispute the liar)
- Duterte: Maute is part of ISIS (Fake – all security experts including AFP say not true)
- Bato: Drug lord national summit in Marawi under protection of Maute (Fake – 75% of drugs controlled by lords inside Bilibid)
- Duterte: Martial Law needed to combat Maute (Fake – DND Sec Lorenzana said they can contain Maute without Martial Law)
- Turds: Bam Aquino brain of Marawi attack (Fake)
- Napoles: Trillanes, De Lima linked to pork barrel scam (Fake – not in original Napoles affidavit naming 20 senators or Benhur Luy affidavit naming 25 senators)
- Duterte: Martial Law will solve all the problems of Mindanao, and the Philippines (Fake – it will not solve poverty, feudal culture, trapo dynasties)”