Facebook page “Bring back the glory of our nation. Ferdinand Marcos JR for President” claimed that the Philippines is one of the richest countries in the world and shared an article sharing a “shocking fact” about the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos’ gold reserves.
The link that was shared led us to a blog site, sangkayrealnews, which told what it claimed to be the real story about the Marcos gold – that it is not ill-gotten wealth. Marcos allegedly earned it because as a young lawyer.
Prince Julian Macleod Tallano, a member of the Filipino royal family, allegedly lent 640,000 metric tons of gold to Pope Pius XII in 1934. It was then returned to the Philippines after World War II and Marcos allegedly helped in the transaction, earning him a 30% commission worth 192,000 tons of gold, estimated to be $4 trillion in 2006. The gold was deposited to the newly founded Central Bank with a lease that would expire on December 31, 2005. The Tallano clan said to have entrusted their gold to a certain Fr. Jose Antonio Diaz, who hired Marcos.
Upon the gold’s return to the Philippines from the Vatican, it was even said to have been received by then Congressman Manuel Acuna Roxas, Bishop Enrique Sobrepena, and Atty. Lorenzo Tañada.
To cut the story short, it claimed that after Diaz died in 1974, all 30% of the commission became the Marcos gold. But on top of that, the story also claimed that the Philippine government has failed to acknowledge the existence of the gold and have kept it a secret from the Filipino people.
We also found another story about the Marcos gold, this time, it was shared by another Marcos fan page, “Kilusang Bagong Lipunan.”
The link contained a short YouTube video entitled “MUST WATCH: Shocking Fact About the Gold Reserves of Ferdinand Marcos Revealed!”
The video is merely a narration about how Marcos has tons of gold from the Tallano stash, how the Philippines would become one of the richest countries in the world if the gold currency is revived. A certain Karen Hudes was also mentioned and how former US President George W. Bush said that the Philippines is the richest country in the world, “with a clear smile on his face.”
We looked for other videos about Hudes and Marcos gold and stumbled upon one that is almost an hour and a half long.
Based on the introduction made about her by a Nexus Magazine editor, Hudes claimed to have worked for the World Bank as a legal counsel from 1996 to 2007, but was fired from her job after she reported about the takeover in the national bank in the Philippines.
It should be noted that Nexus Magazine, an Australian based bi-monthly magazine that covers alternative news, something that the “mainstream media choose to ignore.”
According to Hudes, the world has 1,750,000 metric tons.
Where is it now? This is what Hudes had to say during a glimpse of the first five minutes of the video:
“It’s in a special trust account that was setup by Ferdinand Marcos. He was doing this as a young lawyer for Jose Rizal, who had been in the Vatican for many years. Jose Rizal was the son of Prince Tallano, who was a twin of Queen Victoria. The royals have kept the world’s gold for themselves and then it was stolen from them by the banks. And what happened is Prince, uh, Jose Rizal didn’t like what he saw at the Vatican and so he came back to the Philippines with the Vatican’s gold. Vatican sent the gold to the Philippines for safekeeping and what Jose Rizal did was he locked that gold up in a trust account for 50 years. And the thing about a trust account for 50 years is if you say you own something and you haven’t managed to get control of it, after 50 years, you’ve lost it under something called the statute of limitations. So that gold went into hiding for 50 years and those 50 years ended in 2005 but we didn’t manage to get our gold out and the reason why is because the banks refused. The man who’s the authorized signature authority, you’ll see a little clip of him, that’s Wolfgang Struck, he kept writing to the banks, saying I have the right to withdraw the money. I have the right to find out how much money it is now because it’s been accruing interest and the banks wouldn’t give him the time of day…”
And her lecture continues with over an hour.
However, if you know your history, you’d know how impossible it is for Ferdinand Marcos to serve as lawyer for Jose Rizal, who died on December 30, 1896, when Marcos wasn’t even born yet. The late dictator was born on September 11, 1917.
Hudes also claimed that Rizal had the gold locked up for 50 years, a lease that was said to have expired in 2005. But how could Rizal have set up that lease when he died in 1896? If the expiry was set in 2005, then the lease should have been set up in 1955!
But netizen Bernard Ong has a response to all of these claims about the Marcos gold. He said there was no Maharlika, no Vatican loan, not enough ships and trucks for gold shipment, no Hitler gold for Yamashita, no Southeast Asian gold, no legitimate Marcos gold, not enough gold in the world, but yes, Marcos did steal from the Filipinos.
Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!
Busted: Sanofi Pasteur R&D revealed they used embalming chemicals in making Dengvaxia? It’s a made-up story!
Sanofi Pasteur’s lead researcher allegedly made a shocking revelation about how three chemicals used in making the dengue vaccine Dengvaxia are used for embalming,
Naturally, the netizens were shocked and angered by the ‘revelation’ in the articles published by Okd2.com and other sites have. They reacted the same way when the story was shared by Facebook pages “WBP We Blog Ph” and “Okd2.”
But the Okd2 story “Sanofi Pasteur Releases Another Shocking Revelation About Dengvaxia” was actually classified as “Humor & Satire,” which meant that it should not be taken seriously.
The website talked about how the lawmakers grilled Sanofi Pasteur Asia Pacific head Thomas Triomphe, after which the company’s Research and Development director and lead researcher Bernard Dubois revealed to Agence France-Presse that Dengvaxia contains chemicals used for embalming, such as formaldehyde, ethanol, and glutaraldehyde.
Dubois was quoted saying the following:
“These solvents are necessary to make dengvaxia more stable and can be stored in long durations.”
“Dead people who have taken dengvaxia vaccine when they were still alive may not need to get embalmed as the chemicals will only become stronger inside their body once they are dead. This may not happen otherwise for people who have strong immune system.”
Dubois allegedly said that Sanofi observed how 68 of the 89 dead bodies of vaccinated children in Nigeria did not decompose after five days. He was said to have added that despite Dengvaxia’s license, it still requires more research, especially where its side effects and stability are concerned.
Some netizens seemed to have bought the story.
But Sanofi Pasteur or any of their executives did not make any statement about Dengvaxia containing embalming chemicals or how Nigerian kids’ corpses were studied for side effects after they were vaccinated. Okd2 meant the story to be “satirical” and those statements allegedly uttered by the pharmaceutical company’s lead researcher were all made-up.
Nigeria was not even one of the countries that approved Dengvaxia. The vaccine was approved in 11 countries, including Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Brazil, Paraguay, Costa Rica, and Peru.
In the Senate hearing on Dengvaxia on December 13, Triomphe was made to apologize for the “confusion” created by Sanofi’s advisory.
“I am sorry if this has created confusion, and this is why I would like to clarify… to make sure that people can understand that there is no need to panic,” Triomphe said.
Busted: Trillanes’ wife DID NOT beat him for spending time with De Lima but netizens still bought this LIE!
Marcos Facebook fan page “Kilusang Bagong Lipunan” has shared yet another fake story claiming that Senator Antonio Trillanes IV was beaten by his wife for allegedly getting involved with Senator Leila De Lima.
In its caption, the fan page seemed to believe in the lie claimed by the story and wanted its followers to do the same too as it said: “Tatoo ba eto si Trilliones binanatan ng asawa niya dahil pinaghihinalaan may relation sila ni Delima. Aba ang saba may bagong papa ang maingay na aso ng yellow zombies.”
And the fan page succeeded, based on the comments on the post and the fact that it has been shared over 1,200 times.
It is easy to tell just how fake this story is by just looking at its source, the fake news site thet1mes.com.
Trillanes was said to have been nursing injuries after the beating he received from his wife on February 19. At least the article got the name of the senator’s wife right, Arlene Orejana. However, the rest of the story was made up, as it claimed that the wife accused Trillanes of “infidelity,” leading her to assault him in their home in Caloocan City. The couple was then said to have gone to the Caloocan City Police Station claiming injuries, although the case was transferred to the Manila police station. The domestic scuffle was said to have been under investigation.
There are no reports about Trillanes being assaulted by his wife. It is all a product of the imagination of the people behind the hoax-making website thet1mes.com.
Meme Buster has debunked a lot of hoaxes from the said site, including stories about Queen Elizabeth II hinting that former US President Barack Obama is scared of Duterte, former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton criticizing De Lima, Russian President Vladimir Putin telling human rights group to ‘keep off PH affair,’ and more.
Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!
Superficial Gazette responds to speculations about who’s behind their page
Satire page “Superficial Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines” (SGRP) has become the target of a series of speculations as to who could be the people behind their page. And in usual Superficial Gazette style, they responded to those speculations with wit and humor.
“Ano ba talaga? We are confuse,” the page wrote. “Andiyan pa si De Lima, Drilon, Hontiveros, Recto, at Villanueva sa Senado, kasama pa ang 34 pang miyembro ng LP sa Kamara de Representante. We’re waiting.”
You might have noticed that glaring grammatical error in the page’s post, but that was in reference to how the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas’ reminder memes and graphics wrongly used “encourage,” instead of “encouraged.”
Fingers have been pointed to several people and organizations as the ones who are responsible of running the Superficial Gazette – from the social media team of the Office of the Vice President (OVP) and Senator Bam Aquino’s Chief Political Officer Gio Tingson, as per political blogger Sass Rogando Sasot’s claim to AKBAYAN’s Judah Dela Cruz. The satirical page predicted that next week, fingers will be pointed to Senator Antonio Trillanes IV’s microphone!
And more predictions about who might be up next in the list of “Who could be running the Superficial Gazette?” can be found in the comments section.
Kyo Mendoza said that people might be accusing the Spaniards next, to which the Superficial Gazette replied jokingly in Spanish.
Eugene James thought that the next suspect would be Kris Aquino and her showbiz writer-friend Darla Sauler.
Jego Ragragio commented that up next would be one of Senator Leila De Lima’s bodyguards.
There were a few other predictions as to who would be accused next as Superficial Gazette’s admin.
Facebook user Ian Magallanes wondered just where the page’s bashers could have gotten all these names from and here’s Superficial Gazette’s reply.
One commenter, PM Mercado, said that it seemed like the satirical page has so many bosses, to which the page responded by saying that if this were true, they could be “swimming in money right now” and eating in expensive restaurants with the latest gadgets like blogger Mocha Uson.
The speculations as to the identity of the people running Superficial Gazette’s came amid the calls from President Rodrigo Duterte’s supporters for the admins of anonymous pages that are critical of the president to reveal themselves.
Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!
Busted: Robredo wants to add years to the K-to-12 program? It’s fake news!
Netizens slam Duterte for saying women ‘could not stand threats and intimidation’
Busted: Walang kasalanan ang Tulfo brothers ayon sa imbestigasyon? It’s a misleading headline!
Busted: Legarda sinumbatan si Robredo na mag-resign bago pa lumabas ang resulta na panalo si Marcos? Misleading headline!
New DOT chief to ask Montano why he rushed official New York engagement to watch Broadway show
What Others Read
- Busted4 years ago
Busted: Marcos’ highest bar exam scorer? Not true, his score was recalibrated due to cheating allegations
- News3 years ago
Fake news sites to be aware of this 2018
- Busted4 years ago
Busted: Photos of alleged de Lima scandal fake!
- Busted4 years ago
Busted: Duterte signed ‘no homework policy’ after cursing assignments? It’s SATIRE!