Connect with us

Busted

Busted: Lascanas betrayed Trillanes, claimed senator paid him? It’s a misleading title!

Published

on

Several YouTube videos and online articles had a shocking title about how former police official and self-confessed member of the Davao Death Squad Arturo Lascanas betrayed Senator Antonio Trillanies IV.

It was even shared by pro-Duterte Facebook page “Atty. Rody R. Duterte Supporters.”

Lascanas betrayed Trillanes

Lascanas betrayed Trillanes

Although the article that has gained over a thousand shares on Facebook came from balitangpinas.net, the video that was in the article was taken down. We had to look for other YouTube videos with the same title to verify its claim and found one.

Lascanas betrayed Trillanes

It should be noted that balitangpinas.net is one of the fake news sites that Meme Buster has tagged after we found the website sharing several fake stories.

advertisement

Here are the things that were discussed in the almost 22-minute video:

  • Trillanes asked about the murder of the Patahasa family. Lascanas narrated how Duterte allowed the family to be killed as long as it was done “cleanly” despite having a kid and a pregnant mother killed
  • In Jun Pala’s case, Sonny Buenaventura ordered the killings, although Lascanas added that Duterte asked about the ambush of the late journalist. He also said that he learned that Duterte ordered the killing of the media man, the reason why he was given a P1 million bonus.
  • Lascanas talked about the killing of Charlie Tan, whom he said was the friend of Duterte’s son, Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte.
  • The extent of the involvement or non-involvement of the Davao City Heinous Crime Division.
  • How contract killings by the death squad were conducted under the guise of a legitimate police operation
  • The killing of a victim at a golf course and the explanation of the difference in Lascanas’ and Matobato’s narration
  • Lascanas talked about his “spiritual renewal” during his dialysis, wherein he realized that he could not take his secrets of being involved in DDS to his grave.

 

It is clear that the title was meant to deceive people because there was no part of the video where Lascanas admitted to receiving payment from Trillanes. In fact, he talked about how it was his realization during dialysis that he needed to confess to his crimes before dying that motivated him to change his tune after denying the existence of DDS last year. It truly is a misleading title meant to shock and hook the readers in.

Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!

advertisement

Busted

Busted: Robredo nagbakasyon sa ibang bansa at tinakasan si Marcos? It’s a fake story!

Published

on

Vice President Leni Robredo allegedly left the Philippines to go on vacation abroad and escape from her rival, former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in the middle of the VP vote recount.

With a title that says “Leni Robredo Nagbakasyon Sa Ibang Bansa! Tina-kasan Si BBM! Panoorin,” the story has riled people up. They believed that Robredo really left the country to leave Marcos and the electoral protest behind.

The story was carried by sites such as du30express.site, trending1.altervista.org, and dailypinoy2018.blogspot.com, before it was shared by Facebook pages such as “Action ni Duterte,” “Duterte for OFW,” “President Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte  for New Philippines,” and Duterte Defenders” starting on April 6.


advertisement

However, the links to the story showed a 14-minute long YouTube video of political analyst and De La Salle professor Antonio Contreras talking about the alleged wet ballots discovered during the recount. He did mention about how Robredo was in another country, while her lawyer Romulo Macalintal was left behind to explain the wet ballots allegedly found during the recount. Contreras said that the explanation about the condition of the ballots should come from the Comelec or those responsible of maintaining the ballot boxes.

Unlike what the title claimed about how Robredo left the country to escape from Marcos, she actually went to London to speak at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) about “Overcoming Poverty in the Philippines and the Role of Politics in Economic Growth,” based on the Facebook post her official page made on April 7.

It was an honor to speak at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), where I was invited to give a…

Posted by VP Leni Robredo on Saturday, April 7, 2018

Robredo went to London not to go on a vacation but to give a talk related to what the Office of the Vice President has been doing. And she certainly did not go to the UK to escape Marcos. She even continued with the 48th episode of the BISErbisyong Leni radio show, where she and her co-host Ely Saludar talked to #IstoryaNgPagasa champions in the UK.

All of these meant that Robredo visited Robredo for work-related engagements, not to go on a break and escape from Marcos during the VP vote recount. The story is fake!

advertisement

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: ‘Napatunayan na si BBM ang sinuportahan ng taumbayan’? BBM 100% winner as VP? Fake news!

Published

on

Amid the vice presidential vote recount, some Facebook pages have been posting articles with titles and feature images claiming that former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has won as VP.

The story, as picked up by several blogs, has a title that says, “Napatunayan Na Sa Wakas Na Si BBM Ang Sinuportahan Ng Taumbayan! Panoorin.” The feature image also shows Marcos surrounded by his supporters with a text that says “BBM 100 Percent Winner Pagka Bise.”

advertisement

Both the title and the text on the image would instantly tell you that Marcos has already been declared as the winner in the recount.

The story from du30scoopz.info that was shared by the Facebook page “Pilipinas Duterte Global Supporters 360” even got shared over 900 times since it was posted on April 3.

The same story was also picked up by blogs such as dailyviralhub.altervista.org, trending1.altervista.org, pinoypolitics.altervista.org, dutertedefenders.net, and parasabayan.xyz, among others. It was shared either by Facebook pages such as “Duterte for OFW,” “Duterte Astig,” “PRRD Defender,” and “Duterte Para sa Bayan” or by individual users to several Facebook groups, such as “Imee Marcos for Senator Movement.”

And based on the comments on these posts, it seemed that while some netizens realized that these claims are not true about Marcos being the winning VP, others were asking why he has not been proclaimed as the VP until now.

However, the VP vote recount is still ongoing since it started on April 2, so we’re wondering where the makers of hte graphics and story got the idea that Marcos has emerged as the winner. These claims are clearly fake and were meant to mislead people.

If you click on the article on du30scoopz.info, you will only find a 404 error on the page.

We did find a 10-minute YouTube video when we clicked on pinoypolitics.altervista.org. However, the video just showed Marcos, his wife, and sister Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos being greeted by their supporters. By the way the title was framed, did they mean that the Marcos supporters comprise the “taumbayan” that they mentioned? That is not really the case, which makes this story a definite fake one.

advertisement

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: 7800 na patay nakalistang bumoto kay Robredo sa Bacolod? Story came from a noted fake news site!

Published

on

A certain Patricia Laurel shared on Facebook on April 6 a few screenshots of an article claiming that Bacolod election officials found 7,800 dead people who were listed as voters for Vice President Leni Robredo.

advertisement

She captioned it, “Mga patay bumoto kay Leni.” As of writing, her post has already gained over 4,500 shares, almost 500 reactions, and over 100 comments.

Angry netizens ended up calling Robredo names.

The post was also shared by veteran writer and The Manila Times columnist Bobi Tiglao. His post has since then been shared close to 200 times.

Facebook page Showbiz Government also shared the same post by Laurel and has managed to gain over 800 shares.

 

However, MemeBuster later found out that the story in the now viral screenshots accusing that over 7,000 dead  people voted for Robredo came from the site philrepublicnews.com and was published in December 2017.

But we could not verify the claims in the story. Even the direct quotes found in the story were also carried by dubious sites.

We also found out that this is the same fake story that trended back in January, but it has a different title then, “Bicol Election Officials Found 8,654 Dead Folks Who Voted for Robredo,” as carried by the fake news site bacolod.altervista.org.

Even philrepublicnews.com has carried several fake stories before that we already debunked, such as how Senator Risa Hontiveros allegedly defended the CPP-NPA during a joint session on the extension of martial law, Nostradamus predicted President Rodrigo Duterte’s victory, and the late Playboy founder Hugh Heffner donated $5 million to Duterte’s drug war.

The site also carried the fake stories about Hontiveros filing a bill to raise the minimum age of senior citizenship to 65 from 60 and the lady senator helping the girl who hit a taxi driver in a viral video.

Tiglao once accused the Inquirer of using a fake photo of the “Start the Healing” rally on EDSA in NOvember 2017, but when he got confronted about it, deleted the post, but refused to apologize for his mistake.

The page Showbiz Government has also shared several hoaxes in the past, including those about unpaid EDSA protesters mobbing the Liberal Party office, an Oxford law professor saying the ICC cannot prosecute Duterte because of his high approval ratings, Senators Hontiveros and Kiko Pangilinan holding hands while walking, and more.

advertisement

Continue Reading

What Others Read