Connect with us

Busted

Busted: After airport VIP lounge trouble, Duterte and his men said no Cabinet vacancy yet for Sandra Cam

Published

on

Former “jueteng” whistleblower and losing senatorial candidate Sandra Cam was reported to have lashed out at a Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) employee last month when she was not given VIP treatment, adding that she is expecting to get appointed as a Cabinet member in three months.

The Inquirer report added that Cam’s outburst started when the young airport employee failed to recognize her.

The incident happened on February 16 when she was waiting for her Masbate-bound trip and chose to spend it at the airport’s VIP lounge.

Just like with any other airport passengers who wish to occupy the VIP lounge, Cam is supposed to pay P1,120, although the fee can be waived for government officials. The airport worker, mistaking Cam for a government official, asked her to provide a government ID to fill out a “meet and assist form.  But Cam could not provide IDs, except for a credit card bearing her name.

The Inquirer reported that Cam told the airport worker in Filipino: “I don’t have a government ID but in three months, I will be a member of the Cabinet.”

The airport worker explained the P1,120 fee and asked Cam to fill out a form, but Cam reportedly irritated, told the employee that she was escorted by the NAIA Airport Police Department to the VIP lounge because she was a “high risk person,” and argued over why she had to pay the fee for simply sitting at the lounge.

Cam also demanded to see the manager before shouting at the young airport employee, saying, as quoted by Inquirer: “You know, hija? I was on the phone. Do you know who I was talking to? I was talking to Bong Go. Do you know me? If you don’t, search me up on Google. I told you already I had no government ID because in three months I would be a member of the Cabinet.”

advertisement

Cam reprimanded the airport employee about the way she was approached and even threatened to have the employee fired.

“I was a former flight attendant and that is not how you approach passengers. The reason I was put here is because I might get shot outside. Can you give me protection?” Cam said in Filipino.

The young employee and the VIP lounge manager apologized to Cam, but she still kept on questioning why she would have to pay for the lounge’s “small room” when they only offer water and coffee.

Cam reportedly asked for the manager and employee’s IDs and took pictures of them using her phone. She also threw the employee’s ID on the floor, as per the report.

Despite the incident, the airport workers still informed Cam that her flight was boarding.

Both the manager and employee reported the incident to the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future, something that could have been avoided with proper coordination between airport offices.

No available Cabinet position

Contrary to Cam’s claims about assuming a Cabinet post in three months last February, President Rodrigo Duterte himself said that he has not offered Cam any position.

Duterte also said that his Cabinet is already full, even joking that he would need to kill some.

However, he said that he is willing to offer work to Cam as his way of paying her back for helping him during the election campaign.

“She helped me during the election… at tutulungan ko siya. Utang na loob yan eh. So yan ang promise ko. Tutulungan ko siya. If she asks for work, tutulungan ko siya,” Duterte said.

As for Cam’s behavior, Duterte said he will “let the public judge it.”

According to an Abante report, Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said that he has no idea about Cam’s anticipated Cabinet post.

Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo also said that he has “no idea” about Cam’s appointment.

Cam denies bragging about Cabinet post

Cam said that Inquirer news report is “a big, big lie.”

“It’s not true that I made yabang because I’m not mayabang. I’m a very simple person whose heart is really for the poor, the needy and that those that have been oppressed,” Cam said in a phone interview from Abu Dhabi with ABS-CBN News Channel.

Cam said the female airport employee “rudely” interrupted her phone call to ask her for an ID and fill out a form.

“What I said exactly is that instead of having me present to you a government ID, you wait until 2 months, I will be joining the government and I’m sure that I can give you the government ID that you need,” she said.

While she did not comment about her supposed government appointment, she said that even her family members and friends do not know about the position.

Cam also denied threatening having the airport employee fired from her job, adding that she only said this: “What I said is, ‘You are not supposed to be in this job because you do not know how to handle people. You are so young but you are so rude.’”

As for refusing to pay the VIP lounge fee, Cam explained that she did so because she only remained in the “very small room” for 20 minutes without getting any refreshment.

Sources: ( newsinfo.inquirer.net , abante.com.ph , news.abs-cbn.com )

Be Informed. Beat the Trolls, Share the Truth!

advertisement

Busted

Busted: Robredo wants to add years to the K-to-12 program? It’s fake news!

Published

on

Vice President Leni Robredo’s office released a statement debunking social media posts claiming that she wants to add a few more years to the K-to-12 program. This came after several posts started circulating about how Robredo allegedly said that she wanted to add a few more years to the K-to-12 program, angering netizens.

A certain tweet on March 1, 2020 showed the vice president’s photo along with these words: “Kulang ang K to 12 education system natin. Kelangan apat na taon sa Junior HS at apat na taon sa Senior HS.”

In January 17, the same image shared to the Facebook page “Raffy Tulfo In Action Supporters” also got shared over 6,000 times and triggered negative comments among the netizens.

Many social media users have lambasted Robredo over the said meme.

The unwarranted bashing and adverse reactions prompted her office to release an official statement debunking this false claim.

“Hindi totoong pinadadagdagan ni VP Leni Robredo ang mga taon sa K-to-12 program,” said the vice president’s office in a statement.

“Suportado ng Bise Presidente kung sakaling magkaroon ng review ng nasabing programa. Binibigyang-diin niya na kailangang siguraduhin na may tamang facilities at equipment ang mga specialized tracks, para mas maging madali ang pagtuturo nito at matiyak ang kahandaang makapagtrabaho ng mga mag-aaral sa kanilang pagtatapos,” it added.

In October 2019, Robredo did say that she was alright with reviewing how the K-to-12 program to determine how it could be further improved.

“Tumutugon rin ang kaniyang Tanggapan, kasama ang #AngatBuhay partners nito, sa pangangailangan ng tamang kagamitan. Nakapagbigay na ng kaukulang tools at equipment sa mga mahihirap na paaralan, gaya sa Mulanay sa Quezon, Panglao sa Bohol, at Sta. Maria sa Romblon,” the statement further said.

This is not the first time Robredo has been a victim of fake news. There were false claims, misleading headlines, and edited images or captions about how former Senator Bongbong Marcos has already won over Robredo, how she met former UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon to oust President Rodrigo Duterte, or how her portrait was sold on eBay, something that a popular blogger apologized for.

Sources: ( inquirer.net , news.mb.com.ph )

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: Walang kasalanan ang Tulfo brothers ayon sa imbestigasyon? It’s a misleading headline!

Published

on

An article has claimed that an investigation has found the Tulfo brothers to be not guilty. It says, “Lumabas Sa Imbestigasyon Na Walang Kasalanan Ang Tulfo Brothers,” as published by the website phworkit.top.

The story was even shared by Facebook pages “Ferdinand Emmanual Edralin Marcos” and “Rody Duterte MEDIA.”

However, the article merely contained a 10-minute YouTube video, which was a mix several video clips of different reports, some parts of which touched on the issues involving the P60 million tourism ads that aired on the PTV program of Teo’s brothers, the Tulfos.

One of the video clips showed that the CNN Philippines reported on why nepotism is considered corruption and abused of authority in the case of now-resigned Tourism Secretary Wanda and how her husband, Roberto Teo, served as the board member of the Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA). But Roberto was appointed by former President Benigno Aquino III and has tendered his resignation from TIEZA effective June 30, 2018.

advertisement

Another video clip showing a CNN Philippines report of a Malacañang press briefing, where a reporter asked Presidential Spokesperon Harry Roque if Communications Secretary Martin Andanar would be among those investigated in the controversial placement of P60 million worth of tourism ads on the program of the Tulfos, who are Teo’s brothers, leading people to raise the issue of conflict of interest. As the PCOO chief, he also supervises the state-run PTV-4, where the Tulfos’ programs are a blocktimer.

Asked by yet another reporter what President Rodrigo Duterte’s comment was on the issue with the DOT and the Tulfos, Roque said that he did not know then because he had not talked to the President for a while and the investigation conducted by the Office of the President was ongoing then.

The headline used in the video is misleading. It meant to make people think that the Tulfo brothers have been cleared from the issue involving them with the controversial P60-million tourism ad deal.

However, reports showed that even after Teo resigned from her post on May 7, the Ombudsman will still continue with the probe into the scandal. The body requested from the Commission on Audit (COA) a copy of its DOT report involving the controversial P60-million worth of payments for ads aired on PTV on May 8. The investigation is still ongoing, which meant that they it has not yet cleared the Tulfos.

Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea is also said to be investigating the scandal to determine the officials at fault at the DOT, People’s Television Network Inc. (PTNI), and the PCOO.

Ramon Tulfo, an Inquirer columnist, came out in the defense of his sister Teo and blamed  his younger brother Ben Tulfo for the controversy.

Party-list group Akbayan, however, said it was not enough for Teo to step down from her post. They wanted her to be prosecuted.

“The simple firing or resignation of corrupt officials will not put a stop to corruption in the government if this is not followed by swift prosecution and conviction,” the group said in a statement.

Akbayan also challenged President Duterte to file cases against Ben and Erwin Tulfo over the controversial ad transaction. Ben owns Bitag Media, which produced the PTV show “Kilos Pronto,” the program where the DOT ads were aired. His brother, Erwin, co-hosts the show with him.

Sources: ( newsinfo.inquirer.ne , thestandard.com.ph , cnnphilippines.com , rappler.com , news.abs-cbn.com , businessmirror.com.ph )

advertisement

Continue Reading

Busted

Busted: Legarda sinumbatan si Robredo na mag-resign bago pa lumabas ang resulta na panalo si Marcos? Misleading headline!

Published

on

Senator Loren Legarda allegedly confronted Vice President Leni Robredo and asked her to resign before the results would show former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. as the winner.

The video was posted by blog dailydu30.info on May 15, 2018. The vice presidential vote recount is still ongoing, so the headline must have been referring to the result of the recount. It also made it seem as though Legarda is telling Robredo that she is certain that Marcos would emerge as the winner in the recount.

The YouTube video is 20-minute long and Legarda’s face was immediately shown at the beginning of the video. However, if you finish watching it, you’d know immediately that the video was not taken recently. In fact, it showed a portion of the budget hearing for 2017 for the Office of the Vice President. Further research showed that the hearing was conducted in front of the Senate panel on August 22, 2017 and it lasted less than an hour before it was approved. Robredo herself attended the budget hearing to present an overview of the OVP’s plans for 2018.

Legarda served as the Senate panel’s chair.

During the hearing, Robredo reported how the OVP spent its funds, mainly for poverty alleviation.

advertisement

The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that following the presentation on the fund allocation of the OVP, Legarda asked Robredo to send them a yearlong report on the needs of the sectors and areas that the OVP has reached while promising to help out on fulfilling those needs.

So unlike what the headline claimed, Legarda did not tell Robredo to resign from her VP post to make way for Marcos’ imminent victory. The headline is misleading and is merely playing with people’s emotions and gullibility.

However, Facebook page “Sara Duterte Worldwide Supporters” still shared it without verifying the headline’s claims.

There have been several fake stories involving Marcos and Robredo and the VP vote recount that we have busted. We debunked a misleading headline claiming that Marcos has already won, that Marcos won by 1,786 votes over Robredo, that Robredo would perform her tasks as VP until Marcos takes over, and that Marcos will replace Robredo.

Sources: ( philstar.comnewsinfo.inquirer.net )

advertisement

Continue Reading

What Others Read