Hoax alert: Duterte FB pages claim ‘famous’ female senator mastermind in Davao blast? It’s unverified news!advertisement
Duterte fan pages on Facebook shared news about how an insider claimed that the suspect in the Davao bombing on September 2 confessed that a “famous female senator” is the mastermind behind the terrorist attack.
“BREAKING NEWS!!!.. Just in, ayon sa insider, inamin ng suspect na isang sikat na senadora ang nag utos sa vice mayor para bombahin ang davao.. abangan nlng ang mga pasabog ng balita..” FB page Federal Philippines said in its post.
This served as its caption for the photos of Talitay Maguindanao Vice Mayor Abdul Wahab Sabal, who underwent inquest proceedings at the Department of Justice on September 10.
And this has been shared by several other pages.
However, news reports about Sabal only went in so far as to identify him as one of the local officials in President Rodrigo Duterte’s narco list, along with his brother, Talitay mayor Montasir Sabal.
According to CNN Philippines, the Philippine National Police Anti-Illegal Drugs Group (PNP-AIDG) arrested Sabal when he landed at Awang Airport in Cotabato City. He is currently under the PNP-AIDG’s custody in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
Sabal, his wife Mohanna Sabal, bodyguard Nasser Maulana and driver Norodin Abas are facing violations of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and illegal possession of firearms and explosives.
GMA News Online reported that PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa confirmed Sabal’s arrest. However, he declined to confirm reports that the vice mayor’s arrest was related to the police’s investigation on the Davao bombing.
“Pero ito ngayon, sa particular na bomb blast ng Davao, hindi pa natin na-establish,” dela Rosa said.
Earlier, dela Rosa said that drug personalities may be involved in the Davao blast that killed 14 people and wounded 67 others.
Manila Bulletin reported that a ‘top police official’ told them in an interview that Sabal is being connected to the Davao City attack.
“We received information of his links in the Davao bombing, but this is just information. It is yet to be validated,” the police official was quoted saying.
Another source told Manila Bulletin that the need to validate the information is the reason why Sabal was only charged with violation of anti-illegal drugs law during his inquest at the DOJ.
Emphasis on the information still “being validated.”
Now, even top police officials like dela Rosa and the Manila Bulletin source did not even confirm just yet that Sabal is indeed linked to the Davao City bombing. The FB pages’ claims about Sabal and even that “famous” female senator being responsible for the bombing could be stretching the truth a bit. We will consider such claims as HOAX until proven otherwise with confirmations from the authorities.
No To Online Lies, Share The Truth, Beat The Trolls!